Welcome to Clarksville Community School Corporation (CCSC), located in the town of Clarksville, the oldest settlement in Indiana. Our mission is to maximize each student’s achievement. To that end, we offer an array of comprehensive K-12 academic and co-curricular programs.
Enroll your student today to experience "Schools of Excellence…Schools of Choice…Clarksville Community School Corporation!"
About CCSC - Departments - Transportation - Bus Rules
Rules for Students Riding School Vehicles
Clarksville Community Schools is providing you with the safest equipment and professional bus drivers, but understanding and following the rules also depends on you – the students and parents. SAFETY is our first consideration in the operation of a school vehicle.
WHILE WAITING FOR THE SCHOOL BUS
1. Arrive at your stop five (5) minutes ahead of the scheduled pick up time.
2.NEVER run alongside the bus. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop to board. Students may enter/exit the bus at their bus stop only.
3. If you live on the opposite side of the street from the bus stop, always cross in FRONT of the bus when the way is clear.
4. Students fighting, using profanity or making obscene gestures to the public or another student are subject to disciplinary action. Please report this to the principal.
WHILE RIDING IN THE BUS
1. The driver is in complete charge of the vehicle. Please obey the driver. Driver may assign seats.
2. Please be seated immediately and remain seated while the vehicle is in motion.
3. Students will enter and exit the bus only when it comes to a complete stop.
4. Students will not extend arms, legs or head out of the bus.
5. Students enter/exit at their bus stop only, unless written permission is given to the BUS DRIVER from parent /school office.
6. Students will not litter the bus. A trash can is located at front of bus.
7. Do not mark, deface or cut seats. Parent/Guardian will be responsible for the cost of any damage.
8. For Safety Reasons no objects will be placed in the aisle, emergency exit or doorway. No animals (dead or alive) or large objects (including band instruments, jam boxes) that will interfere with the seating of others.
9. No fireworks or weapons of any kind allowed on the bus.
10. Loud, boisterous or profane language, indecent conduct, fighting, eating, teasing and smoking WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.Driver needs to be able to hear TRAINS, EMERGENCY VEHICLES and CAR HORNS
11. Respect pedestrians and occupants of other vehicles. Do not shout, make obscene gestures, use profanity or throw objects from the bus.
12. Students will not tamper with the emergency door or fire extinguisher.
13. Upon recommendation of the bus driver, school authorities can deny the privilege of riding the bus to any student who violates the rules or cannot conduct themselves in a courteous or responsible manner on the bus. If the student loses his riding privilege, he/she will be permitted to ride the bus home that day only.
14. Violations will be reported to the principal/ or other designee, who will determine appropriate disciplinary action and notify the parents.
15. Bus drivers will not be able to conduct meetings with parents during the course of driving their route. If you need to speak with a driver, call the transportation office at 812-280-5015 to make arrangements. For all disciplinary matters, first contact the principal or assistant principal at the school.
16. Your driver(s) shall operate the school vehicle at all times in a manner that provides the maximum safety and comfort for the student (under the circumstances).The DRIVER is highly trained, has good moral values, is physically fit and mentally capable of operating the school vehicle.
The BEST DRIVER cannot function if students are “violating” the rules. Please study them and get to know your driver(s), and each day will be a successful, safe trip to and from school for your child.